Kid Playing with Bubble

Child Visa 

With ten years of knowledge and experience working for the former Department of Immigration and Border Protection, we can provide you with the right visa guidance and migration advice.

Christie Migration Agents, reliable migration agents in Australia, is a trusted child visa firm in Melbourne, VIC, helping families reunite from all over the world. It can be difficult for many people to manage the hassle of choosing the correct type of visa, visa application procedures, and preparing for interviews.


Our professional consultants can understand this stress and can, therefore, handle all your visa responsibilities to make sure all the necessary requirements are met that are set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP).

We offer high-quality and affordable visa and migration services along with professional advice on confusing migration situations.

Child Visa

The Child Visa is for the natural child, stepchild, or adopted child of a sponsor or a parent who must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.

In terms of a step relationship, the child can only be granted a permanent status under the circumstances when:

• The natural or adopted parent of a child is an Australian citizen, hold a permanent visa or an eligible citizen of New Zealand
• The parent is no longer a partner or spouse of the stepparent and that the court has granted the legal responsibility of the child to the stepparent

Further Categorising Child Visa

Adoption Visa

The Adoption visa is for a child under the age of 18 who is in the process of adoption or has been adopted by their sponsor (an Australian permanent resident, citizen, or eligible citizen of New Zealand). The adoption must be supported by the state or territory adoption author.

Orphan Relative Visa

This visa for a child who is under the age of 18 and has no parents to care for him or her. The sponsor must be the orphan child’s relative and an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Dependent Child Visa (Temporary)

The Dependent Child visa is a provisional (temporary) visa which allows a dependent child (natural child, stepchild, or adopted child) of a Temporary Partner Visa holder to remain in or travel to Australia for the same period as their parent’s.

Once the child has granted this visa and the parent wants to change his or her visa status to Permanent Partner visa, the child can be added to the application as well.

These are the basic requirements of each category of child visa. However, each child visa has its own set of criteria and requirements.

Contact Us Today