From the past ten years, Christie Migration Agents – a trusted immigration consultancy – has played an active role in helping entrepreneurs, investors, and businessmen in getting permanent residency through employment for alien workers. With the long process of filing applications, collecting documents, preparing for interviews, and added stress, we understand how overwhelming it this task can get. Our professional migration agents can handle all visa responsibilities and ensuring all the requirements for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) are met, allowing you to focus on your skills and business.
With the team of reliable immigration consultants in Melbourne, Victoria, Christie Migration Agents can offer high-quality, affordable migration and visa services. Our registered migration agents can also offer expert advice and guidance on the difficult migration situations.
Independent Skilled Visa
The Independent Skilled visa (Subclass 189) is an Australian visa for skilled workers or those with suitable qualification or expertise in an occupation considered to be in demand in Australia. The applicant should not be sponsored by a family member, employer, or state or territory.
General Eligibility Criteria
To lodge a valid application for Independent Skilled visa, you must submit an expression of interest via Skill Select – a points-based test.
Note: This can be done inside or outside Australia
For filing an application you must:
- Choose an occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that matches your qualifications and skills
- Be invited to apply
- Be under the age of 45 when invited to apply
- Have your skills evaluated by the appropriate skill assessing authority in
- Australia as suitable for your chosen occupation
- Be able to speak and understand English
- Score a least 60 on the points-based test
- Meet vital health and character requirements
What This Visa Allows You For?
The Independent Skilled visa allows the holder for Permanent Residence in Australia. The visa holder can also:
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the time the visa is settled
- Study and work in Australia (with no restrictions)
- Enroll in Medicare – a health care scheme in Australia
- Sponsor eligible family members for different permanent and temporary
- Australian visas
- Apply for citizenship
Why Choose Us
Christie Migration Agents can help with different types of Australian visa process, citizenship applications, cancellation of visa, and representation at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT). Our experts understand the visa procedure can be a costly and emotional task. Contact us now at 1300 268 123 for a free assessment.