The Temporary Skills Shortage Visa subclass 482 is a work visa allowing a person to work in a skilled position in Australia temporarily.
The TSS allows approved employers to nominate approved positions from the skilled occupation list for overseas workers to fill. To obtain this list click here.
The foreign worker must have the required levels of skills and English to be granted the visa
- Short-Term stream
- Medium-Term stream
- Labour Agreement Stream
The process for this visa has three stages. These are sponsorship, nomination and visa application.
This is a rather complex process and we are experienced in assisting businesses and applicants in all aspects of the subclass 482 visa process.
Subclass 186 visa (Employer Nominated Scheme)
This visa allows an Australian employer to nominate a foreign skilled worker who has a skill on the skilled occupation list. This is an Australian permanent resident visa.
There are two stages to this visa process which includes nomination by an Australian employer and the visa application by the foreign worker.
- Temporary residence transition stream which allows a subclass 457 or 482 visa holder to transition to permanent residency after working for the same employer in the same occupation for three years.
- Direct entry stream allows skilled workers who have either not worked, or only briefly worked in Australia or who hold a temporary work visa but do not qualify under the temporary residence transition stream to apply for permanent residency.
- Agreement stream is available for those sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement.
We are experienced in assisting businesses and applicants in all aspects of the subclass 186 visa process and can assist you today.
Subclass 187 Visa (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme)
This visa allows an Australian employer in regional Australia to nominate a foreign skilled worker with a skill on the skilled occupation list for permanent residency.
Just like the subclass 186 visa, there are three streams which include the temporary residence transition stream, direct entry stream and agreement stream.
- Regional Certification Board (RCB) approval
- Nomination by an approved Australian employer
- A subclass 187 visa application
We can assist in not only the nomination and visa application, but also in the regional certification board approval. We are highly experienced in this area.